VIG gates to remain open until 11:00 pm tonight, October 10th. PPCY closes at 6 pm. Empty returns are governed by the matrix. SOURCE: @VATruckerAlerts
Welcome to Tidewater Motor Truck Association.
Promoting, protecting and encouraging international and domestic trucking in Virginia and beyond.
To promote, protect and encourage international and domestic trucking in Virginia and beyond.
Tidewater Motor Truck Association will take a leadership role to promote safe, efficient and responsible truck commerce in Virginia, becoming recognized and respected among other contributing participants in the regions supply chain.
Achieving our Mission and Vision
- We will strive for greater safety and awareness on the part of the owner operators and the company drivers through continued education in meetings, supply of safety literature and clear communication provided by our truck dispatchers and managers.
- We will provide an environment, which will foster the efficient and economical operation of motor vehicles. This achievement will be through the cooperation between the drivers, both independent and company and the truck company owners. Progress will be made through constructive relations and discussion of value to all parties.
- We will endeavor to inform and educate our customers to the value of the trucking industry and the challenges encountered to providing quality service to those customers. Collectively we will improve those conditions, which restricts avenues for superior service to exist and improve.
- We will strive to improve communication and relations to others in the supply chain of Virginia and beyond. The Association will engage any identified party who may lend assistance to create a more healthy truck supply chain.
- We will generally enact steps necessary for the welfare of commercial vehicle owners and operators of the Association.
- We will strive for a united position on issues, which affect the welfare and general good of our industry and the Association.
- We will work hand in hand with law enforcement, governmental entities, legislators and others to improve our mutual understanding of safety, security, compliance and the betterment of the public good.
- We will continually attempt to inform and educate the general public on the benefits of trucking to this country and their lifestyles.